Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Make It Stop

I was trotting along on the treadmill this morning watching music videos, which this terrible song came on by something called Robin Thicke. Apparently, its the son of "Growing Pains" star Alan Thicke. And its got this terrible song "Wanna Love You Girl."

Both Thicke and the song are remarkable for two reasons. First, the song (singing included) sucks terribly. Second, the guy is not exactly a sex symbol. It is ponderous that he is getting airplay. But he is.

And the song is terrible addictive. In a bad way, like crank. It gets stuck in your head and slowly drives you insane. It made me cry in shame at a stop light on the way home from work today.

I decided that I couldn't suffer this alone. The video was on tonight when T and I were hanging out. She was reading, and it started off as background noise. It snuck up on her. Next thing I knew, she'd ripped her ears off the side of her head and ran headfirst into a wall.

I told her to buck up and shake it off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home