Saturday, December 31, 2005

Turning A Corner

Today I turned 31. Or 31 and nine months if your politics or beliefs have you thinking a clump of cells the size of a pea is somehow viable. I like to think of myself as hardcore during my clumpy days. .

Checked the weather. 35 degrees. Perfect. I dragged T out with me for a four mile jog. Cool, damp morning air, which gave me steam-head (short hair, overheated body, cold damp air = steam-head). I was far more sedentary at 21. I am not sure I could have run one mile much less four. The 31 year-old Jospeh K is sleeker, faster and has better lines.

After the run, I toasted myself with an energy drink and a bran muffin. Sexy, that's how we do it in the K Household.

T rolled out to go on an errand and harrassed me for the umpteenth time to shred some of my old documents (stacks of the shit in my basement). She lacks a historian's sense for the value of all primary documents and evidence. Right now, a thoughtful, careful historian researching the life and times of Joseph K would no doubt find my Visa bill from February 1998 very valuable. When my biography is being written, it is obvious my $36 purchase at the GAP that month will be a crucial piece in understading the puzzle of my life.

To understand Joseph K, you need to know about his jeans.

3 Comments:

Blogger Natalia said...

Happy Birthday! Happy New Year! Happy everything!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

happy, happy sleeker, faster, better-lined 31st birthday!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Chemical Billy said...

Happy birthday, young man. And Mr. Billy is with you on the preservation of History.

Alas.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home