Saturday, July 08, 2006

Utterly Useless

Last night, I was hanging out with a friend of mine and some friends of hers. When it came to going to the next spot, her friends insisted on going to a gay bar. I had never been, but thought it was an important step in beefing up my progressive bonifides, so what the heck.

While we were there, this woman came up to my friend and started hitting on her. My friend explained that she had a boyfriend. The woman then asked if she knew where there the good lesbian bars. She shrugged her shoulders. Then the woman asked the gay guys in our group. They couldn't help her.

She turned to me, and said, "What about you? Do you know where some good [lesbian] spots might be?"

"Sorry, I have no clue. I am the token straight friend here."

She scowled and said, "Well, you are utterly useless." Then, she walked off.

Actually, she might have said "fucking useless." Either way, she was probably right. On multiple levels.

1 Comments:

Blogger Natalia said...

Gay bars have a certain je nais se quois wherever us straight folk is concerned...

My first gay bar experience was in Kiev, complete with pitchers of beer for a couple of bucks each, and boys in sailor uniforms.

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home