Sunday, March 19, 2006

Worst. Song. Ever.

So, I have spent a good chunk of my weekend loading my several hundred CD collection onto the Ipod. Some of my CD purchases are some real stinkers. But, one song took the cake for being the absolute worst song ever.

Vanity, with "Pretty Mess." Here is a link to the video which is a sexually suggestive disaster. Not sure if I'm right? Key lyric, "he made such a pretty mess on my dress." The song was recorded in 1984, 11 years before Monica Lewinsky flashed her thong and almost brought down the presidency with her loose lips.

This song drove Vanity to God; she is now a born-again Christian. It drove me to lock my knife drawer. And to punch a kitten, but I wasn't supposed to mention that.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jeff (no, the other one) said...

Knife lockup and kitten-punching trigger song for me: Faith Hill, "This Kiss".

12:40 PM  
Blogger Joseph K said...

Yep, I can see that...

9:33 PM  
Blogger Natalia said...

The song was actually in some VH1 countdown that I was watching because I'm a dork. They were basically like, "this song makes us feel the same way as Joseph K."

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have a "knife drawer?"

11:16 AM  
Blogger Joseph K said...

Yeah. I even have a sock drawer. Crazy, I know.

2:54 PM  
Blogger The Scarlet Pervygirl said...

I'm on a computer at work, so I didn't get the sound (was I missing much? no?), and I'm young and mentally-deranged enough that I don't remember the Eighties-ness of the part of my life that actually happened in that decade, so that was all . . . something of a shock.

The silver lame . . . the mutton-chop sleeves . . . the hair--was that hair? And her hair was pretty pubic, too . . .

As decades, the Twenties through the Seventies all had their own distinct style of dress, and each of them had meritorious aspects. Was there ANYTHING attractive about the Eighties? Any redeeming shape or color of clothing, makeup-application technique or hairstyle?

7:07 PM  
Blogger Joseph K said...

Anything redeeming about the 80s? Hmmm...Two words. Remington Steele. God, it was really a dead spot in the history of this nation.

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home