Thursday, October 27, 2005

Hell?

I've been on the road all week. In perhaps what might be hell. San Diego. It's beautiful, the weather is perfect, the people nice. And get this: no one jaywalks. One person got a ticket some time, and now no one jaywalks. The street will be empty, and people will just stand there. As a New Yorker/Washingtonian, I found it obscene.

It reminded me of the old joke. This guy goes to hell. He's told you have a choice as to which of three rooms you want to spend eternity in. He goes to one room and people are screaming, surrounded by flames. He passes. The next room is people, impaled and screaming. He passes. In the final room, there are a bunch of people knee deep in shit. "Now this," he says,"I can do." The demon leading him around says, "Ok."

The guy goes in and stands in the shit. The demon then says, "Ok, break's over. Back on your heads."

San Deigo is probably like that.

P.S. So, this guy is sitting next to me on the plane. I am reading the Wall Street Journal. The guy asks me to look at the sports section. I felt more like an ass explaining why I couldn't than he probably did for asking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home