Sunday, January 02, 2005

Shark Skin Man and Peach Hip Girl

Still on my self-imposed news black out. The deadline for starting to follow current events, policy, etc. again was supposed to be January 1, 2005. Not happening.

Instead, I have holed myself up at home, spending large chunks of my free time writing fiction, my nonsensical posts for this blog and watching weird Hong Kong and Japanese cinema.

Just finished watching Shark Skin Man and Peach Hip Girl, an odd, comic, moderately violent Japanese movie based on a Manga comic series of the same name. I recommend checking it out if you can find it. My favorite character is this weird, short, uni-browed amateur hitman named Yamada. He kind of appears mid-movie as a secondary character, but takes over the movie. He seems to kill and kidnap and do just about everything for the love he seeks, but is endlessly denied. In an argyle sweater, no less. He is the anti-Cosby, infinitely geekier and cooler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home