Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Where is Cotton, Part 1

Some of you may have been wondering where Cotton Mather has been the last few months. Cotton has been on an existentialist journey, a quest where he is searching for the very essence of himself, life, what makes us wonder about "it" all.

We recently received a postcard from Cotton. He is currently somewhere in the wilds of Nepal. Originially, he headed to the sky-high kingdom in search of some spiritual growth, serenity. He then came upon a blind rebel sherpa who is training him to wrestle yaks. According to his latest postcard, Cotton's not so good at it:

"Gang, I write to you from a fetid hospital bed in Kathmandu after having been gored by a most intemperate yak. My clumsy grasping proved no match for his oily hide and sharp horns. My sherpa master's instruction proved to be useless. Turns out he'd only wrestled a yak once before in his life. The result? His blindness. I thought the laughing from the other sherpas as they watched him instruct me was some sort of local "respect cackle." Not so sure I found the meaning of life, but I have developed a newfound, profound understand of pain. It really hurts. Love, Cotton"

We wish Cotton a speedy recovery, and look forward to more stories of his travels and his eventual return.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is ridiculous! Come on...

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ridiculous? I am not so sure I agree. I mean, have you ever tried to wrestle a yak? they can be quite intemperate.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home