Saturday, January 01, 2005

More New Year's Resolutions: Stop Hatin' On The Whigs

Ok, I realize that I have taken some possibly unfair shots at Whigs over the course of the past year. I realize that I hate the Whigs for the most common reason why anyone hates anything: ignorance. So, I did some research on the Whigs and here are some more positive things to report about them:

  • Whigs did not necessarily wear wigs. Its true.
  • In the antebellum period, the Whig Party continuously strove to unite North and South through sage and moderate compromise policies. They get an F for the results, by an A for effort.
  • Whig President Millard Fillmore? Only president named Millard in the country's history. Perhaps the only person in country's history named Millard as well.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home