Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Emperor Richard Gere Commands Palestinians To Vote

Appeal by Pretty Woman Star Perplexes Palestinians . I read the following this afternoon, and promptly swallowed my gum and researched bridges to jump off. "Hi, I'm Richard Gere and I'm speaking for the entire world." Emperor Gere uttered these words in a commercial where he commanded Palestinians to participate in the upcoming presidential election.

According to the above-linked Reuters story, reaction on the Palestinian street was mixed. "'I don't even know who the candidates are other than Abu Mazen (Mahmoud Abbas), let alone this Gere,' Gaza soap factory worker Manar an-Najar told Reuters."

According to that same Reuters story, Manar wisely added,"'We don't need the Americans' intervention. We know who to elect. Not like them -- they elected a moron.'"

Of course, Emperor Gere will probably be most offended Manar's insolence. An appropriate Manar punishment will be in order. Something like...oh remaining trapped in the Gaza every day status quo. The horror. The continued horror.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read about the commercial yesterday, and the "on behalf of the whole world" line is clearly over the top. I was not fortunate enough to read Mr. Manar's(spelling?) comments. They are so on point I can't even begin to tell you...

9:07 AM  
Blogger Charlie said...

I, for one, welcome our new stylishly coiffed thespian overlord.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home