Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Just Voted...Turnout Will Be Huge

I got there around 5:50AM, about 10 minutes before the polls opened. I must have been the 80th person in line. It was out of control. By the time I left -- efficient line and short ballot, so I was only there for about 15 minutes after the polls opened -- there must have been a block long line outside the building. I'd estimate the numbers at 100-200 people waiting. And growing. Turn-out will be huge. And no GOP poll harrassers since my neighborhood is too white, so the lines should move along smoothly despite the numbers.

Who did I vote for? Well, I was tempted to vote for the Constitution Party candidate, Michael A. Peroutka. His misogynist pro-gun agenda definitely appeals to the alpha male in me. But, then, I thought to myself: What would Lionel Richie do at a time like this. So, I voted for the other guy.

VOTE!

3 Comments:

Blogger Charlie said...

Hey, wait a sec. I went to the polls this morning and a young guy in a bowtie who called himself "Tucker" said the election was TOMORROW. I can't figure out who to believe these days ...

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KERRY*EDWARDS 2004!!!!!!!!!!

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent an hour in and a half at the poll in Adams Morgan - Washington D.C. I got there around 8:20 a.m. The line was growing longer by the minute. I am happy to wear my "I Voted" sticker, and I picked up one in Spanish saying (my english translation)Children Can't Vote But You Can. I wore it to work, but there's no telling how many can actually read it...
Interesting things I saw while waiting: one man trying to cutin line, who I promptly bellowed at to get to the back of the line (he did). A man from south of the border driving a pick past the line yelling "vote Kerry", and a man wearing a sticker saying "I voted republican".

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home