Thursday, November 24, 2005

Turkey Day Blogging, Pt. 3

Finally, it's over. Round 2 at my parents' was incredible. No turkey in a Thanksgiving Day twist. Instead, mom made her award-winning lasagna (secret ingredient: cinnamon. It works). I had an enormous chunk of it, with a side of cheesy mashed potatoes, stuffing and salad.

I washed it all down with a few glasses of Goat Du Roam, a good, cheapy South African dry red wine. I am not sure what kind of grape it comes from. Not really a pinot. Maybe a grenache? Look, I sound like I know what I am talking about. Maybe I do. I was once a meber of the wine tasting society at law school. I remember getting drunk at a tasting hosted by Justice Scalia. He seemed really cool. Then again, this girl I woke up with after that same tasting seemed really hot as the wine flowed. And, errr....

Anyway, my stomach wasn't happy with all the hard work today. So, we (read the men, although it was a matter of taste than gendered selectivity) took a pull of Courvoisier. Stomach is happy. And strangley so am I. I love you, man.

I am fatter. I am non the wiser. I ate more probably than some kid in Bangladesh will in a whole week, calorie-wise. Sucks for him. I am going to call it an early night.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you exercised on thanksgiving?!!! commie bastard.

hehe, just kiddin'. glad to hear you got plenty!

2:32 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

welcome to the season... :D at least it sounds like you're surviving. have you managed to burn off all the tryptophan yet?? (yeah, I've likely mispelled that...)

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home