Thursday, November 24, 2005

Turkey Day Blogging, Pt. 2

Round one was as delicious and filling as I expected. I ate, among other things: turkey, stuffing, potatoes au gratin, baked apple, baked carrots, creamed cauliflower, succotash (not suffering at all), salad and three chocolate-drizzled macaroons. The plate was filled twice. Washed down with a couple of glasses of Tres Ojos, a reasonably-priced Spanish table wine that had been my contribution (and there I was one of only two people drinking it. Suckers, the wine was fine.)

I came home worried. I have to put in a good showing at my parents' house, or else feelings will be hurt. I hit the treadmill again. Three miles uphill, around 600 calories burned. Screwed around with the free weights. A quart of water to cleanse the system.

After the shower, I looked at myself in the mirror. The man looked back at me had aged a lot in the past four hours. I almost didn't recognize him. Who had I become. I had to gut it out.

My stomach gurgled. I can do this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home