Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Yoga = Agression, Violence

Recently, a Norweigan prison experimented with using yoga to help sociopathic prisioners develop healthier traits. The results proved shocking. Sigbjoern Hagen, the prison director overseeing the experiment noted that learning yoga had provoked "strong reactions: agitation, aggression, irritability, trouble sleeping and mental confusion."

The results were far from shocking to me. I once got mugged by a yogi. He demanded my spare cash outside a meditation center. I wasn't going there, I just happened to be walking by. We both meditated and stretched about how to proceed next. As he had his eyes closed and embraced his chi, I got up and ran away. I was one of the lucky ones.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharfa said...

Hahahahahahaha! Hmmm, I wonder what that says about Madonna and Sting?

12:07 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

hey - you can't be talking like that about Sting - why I'll just have to...

Oh, wait, my Tuesday yoga class seems to have worn off. I'll get back to you next week after discussing appropriate aggression, irritability and mental confusion with my instructor.

hm. something to meditate on...

11:16 PM  
Blogger Chemical Billy said...

Leave me alone, godamnit. Can't you see I'm journeying inward? I'll show you how to do a f%$#ing downward dog...

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When meditating or working with energy we connect with other peoples energy, we empathise, this can cause some people to tune into negative feelings, on understanding this you can tell yourself, THIS IS NOT MINE, and release those feelings and return to your own peaceful thoughts. To my mind this has happened in both cases. It's just a matter of understanding.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home