Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine's Day...

So, this day is supposed to mean something to someone, somewhere. Words, concepts, fictions, to make us more comfortable about sharing our lives with someone. Fictions. Made real by sociological mores, boundaries and human-made wonders. Fictions, like I said.

Well, what does it mean to me. I could strip it down to its basics. It's about celebrating longing that is within grasp, held. Shifted from a fiction to reality, it is warm, substantial and meaningful. Eclipsing the physical, the valuing of the metaphysical. We live, we bleed, we die. What more is there. That. This is what is more

I am not without longing. I am not without the abstract, the possible. I am with, however, the loud, shared unknowns. Valentines Day, happy or otherwise.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's with the mushiness, Joseph K? Are you for real? This has got to be a joke of some sort. Where is the punch line...

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the hell is this?

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home