Monday, November 15, 2004

Bringing Dignity to the Democratic Party

I see James Carville is doing his level best to restore a sense of dignity and honor to the Democratic party. (Click link above.) His decision to appear on the most respected of the Sunday morning talk shows and smash a raw egg on his face calls to mind political luminaries like Abbott, Costello, Larry, Moe, Curly, and Dick Van Dyke.

In the steak-and-eggs segment of middle America, this really could swing some voters in the direction of the Democrats. How many Americans tuned in yesterday morning and said, "Now there is an emissary for a party I could be enthusiastic about!"

At least three, I'd say.

3 Comments:

Blogger Henry Baum said...

Came over from Kos. Enjoying this blog. Only a fair amount of banality. I have been staying away from all TV news since the election. Seeing Bush makes me want to hurt myself and others. Might be the best thing to come out of this election--I'll cut down on watching TV eggheads. By the way, are you that guy from Pavement, or are you just using his moniker?

6:21 PM  
Blogger Charlie said...

Welcome! Banality comes and goes on our fair blog ... Perhaps it's waned a bit post-election; the world seems less banal.

Oh, and I wish I were the real Spiral Stairs. That way, I could make my living playing a mean guitar and screaming, as he presciently did more than ten years ago, "Two states! We want two states!" You've got the right source though.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Joseph K said...

I don't think sploshing-like activity is going to bring religious America back into the Democratic Party fold.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home