Tuesday, September 13, 2005

So Long and Thanks For All the Hits

After a year or so of starts and stops, I've decided to tender my resignation from Banality Fair. Why? Because Joseph K is a huge, raging asshole. I kid, I kid. Joseph K has been the best blogmate a man could have, and he will continue to carry the Banality Fair flag, alone but with the wit of many.

As the archives demonstrate, I have lately had great difficulty generating and executing ideas for posts to Banality Fair. Some of it is personal distraction; some of it is my genetic predisposition to inaction; some is unexplained. It is not fair, however, to insist that my name ride along with Joseph K's as Banality Fair continues steamrolling ahead on its inexorable path to internet domination, albeit with no contribution from me. It has also become a source of guilt, as so many days pass without a word from me.

I have an idea or two in mind for future blogging. I hope to encounter the right confluence of motivation and inspiration in the near future, and make one of those ideas happen. If I do, the first people to know will be Banality Fair's readers. In the meantime, I'll continue to comment and lurk here and on your blogs. I also may twist Joseph K's arm into letting me pen a guest piece or two some time.

See you all around.

SS

5 Comments:

Blogger Natalia said...

: (

9:02 PM  
Blogger Henry Baum said...

Somehow I don't feel this is the end, but it's still too bad. I caught something you wrote on Daily Kos last year which prompted me to come here. It's been a great faceless blog relationship. Hope you strike something else up. Remember, writing about not writing is still writing.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

bye... :(

no, scrap that. replace with:

see you(r writing) around

1:18 AM  
Blogger Sharfa said...

You will be missed.
Guest posting is a great idea!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Chemical Billy said...

I'll miss you, SS. And will dream of your next blogventure..

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home