Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Crumbling Apart

I was going to blog about a kickboxing tournament I went to in Vegas, but that is for another day. I am in a minor funk. It began with the New Orleans shit. Then, I had a six course meal at a Moroccan restaurant Saturday where every course was terrible. Even the "mint tea" course. How do you fuck up mint tea? You put some mint in the tea. They found a way.

I am growing a beard. After a clean-shaven, aerodynamic summer, I am ready for some fur. Its at that itchy, patchy stage where people either run from me or throw me change. Against my will, I am now wont to philosophize about inane topics and start sentences with, "Hey, man..." E.g., "Hey, man, if we are here, what is here?" It's annoying. The beard is itchy now. Goddammit.

Things shitty in a utterly superficial, narcissistic way. Still tolerable. Then, Gilligan dies! He was a hero to knuckleheads -- like me -- around the world. If my current life is an island, I keep finding bone-headed ways to stay stuck on it too.

Sigh.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"hey man,"..like, you need to enable the spam blocker feature. go to your comments section and click the word verification thingie.

this was a funny blog. i'm stuck too gilligan. :(

8:21 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Gilligan died?? aw damn.

Happy philosophizing - per my dear SigOthers facial hair life style, beards become less annoying and more 'liberating' (in terms of free time in the morning I think).

9:11 PM  
Blogger Joseph K said...

Gilligan's death was almost bigger news than Katrina or John Robertsw today. At least insofar as where it was on the front page of news sites.

As for the spam blocker...well, I need the positive reinforcement, frankly. Yes, I rock! I am fantastic! I am making good job with my super articles! And I think I have mesothelioma. Does it start with a case of the sniffles? Where is the free hydrocodone?

10:30 PM  
Blogger Joseph K said...

Anna: thanks. The website is useful, but not as useful as free hydrocodone.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home