Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Um, Okay...

Snippet of conversation I had with one of my officemates the other day. Key fact to keep in mind, for some reason people find me eminently approachable and get too comfortable with me, too quickly. Which, if you saw me walking down the street, would strike you as surprising or ironic.

Office Guy (comes into Joseph K's office): What's up?

Joseph K: Man. You notice how many women in the office are wearing flip-flops these days?

Office Guy: Not really.

Joseph K: Really? All that clip-clapping from their shoes? It's driving me nuts. Its like I work in a barn filled a bunch of Clydesdale horses or something. Flip-flops should be banned. Along with double-breasted suits, which are only appropriate when worn by flim-flam artists and mafiosos.

Office Guy: Crazy, man. Speaking of weird, you remember how we were talking about the Michael Jackson trial? How twisted it was that parents let their kids sleep in the same bed as him.

Joseph K: Yeah.

Office Guy: Well, get this, it all came home last night. You know, when kids are really young, they can't do things for themselves. I mean take my four year old, she really can't take a shower by herself, so, as my parents did up to a certain age, I'll let her shower with me.

Joseph K:

Office Guy: As long as they are clueless, it's fine. But, the same day the Jackson verdict came down, it stopped being fine. I had just come out of the shower, she hadn't joined me. But, you know, daddy had just got out of the shower.

Joseph K:

Office Guy: So, I was toweling off, and my daughter points at me and says, "Look Daddy is naked, handsome man." On one level, it was cute, but that was it, you know. Clearly, we'd reached a point where her showering with Daddy or seeing Daddy naked was no longer ok.

Joseph K:

Office Guy: Same day as the Jackson verdict. Really weird, huh? Anyway, you look like you're busy.

Jospeh K:

7 Comments:

Blogger RuKsaK said...

That is the funniest thing I've read in ages - and I try to read funny stuff often. Will be back.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Charlie said...

I feel like I need a shower after reading this.

8:59 AM  
Blogger tequilita said...

not with your daughter i hope. ;)

12:32 PM  
Blogger Charlie said...

Kimberly: Of course not! I'm not allowed within 150 yards of my daughter.

Kidding.

It's 100 yards.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Joseph K said...

Ruksak: Thanks. Good to hear from you.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Chemical Billy said...

Yow! That would be at the top of my list of random inappropriate office chatter.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Joseph K said...

It was definitely an uncomfortable (and inappropriate) conversation, but I don't think anything he did was nefarious or anything. Just icky. Real icky.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home