Thursday, April 14, 2005

Poll Says: Prez Not Sexy

According to a recent Esquire poll of 11,000 women in 15 countries, President Bush rated -- on average -- a "2" on a 1 to 10 sexiness scale. Apparently, there wasn't a huge variance in the range of sexiness scores he got either, ranging from a rating of 1.4 from Dutch, German and Australian women to a high of 2.2 from Indonesian women. American women rated him somewhere in the middle.

This may get me banished from the Progressive Blog Alliance, but I am pretty shocked by the ratings. A "2?" That seems pretty low. A 5 would be basic sexiness to me (which would mean not smelling, not talking too much, etc.). A 2 means "repulsive." I am not sure where I'd rate. Maybe a 10 in Togo, because I am still convinced its not a real country so I can be as sexy as I wanna be in the eyes of these fantasy women.

Is it the looks? Like most heterosexual men, I have this view of other men's looks: (1) there are clearly handsome men (5-15%), (2) there are clearly ugly men (5-15%), and (3) the vast majority of men (70-90%) fall into a category I call "nondescript." These men may be attractive. They may be unattractive. They just don't stand out enough for me to expend the energy to make a call one way or the other. If asked to process or assess the way nondescripts look, my mind just says, "eh, fuck it. Sports. Hookers." I would put Bush in the nondescript category, perhaps on the high side, since even some very liberal women I know think he's good-looking. At the same time, some think he looks like a frog. Sports. Hookers.

Back to the larger issue: his resounding unsexiness. Maybe its his personality. He's a goofball. Some women find being a clown attractive, but I don't think they'd go so far as to call it "sexy." I stopped making fart jokes in high school when on dates, realizing a direct correlation between them and not getting laid.

Or maybe its not so sexy to invade countries on unsubstantiated claims. But, I don't know about this. Attila the Hun seemed to get a lot of chicks when he was thrashing most of Asia.

Agree with the survey results? Disagree? Thoughts?

5 Comments:

Blogger tequilita said...

to me, bush is not sexy because he comes off like an idiot -it's not about his looks -he could be a handsome older man. sexiness is everything. women are much less visual than men. sexiness can be humor, intelligence, style, confidence...it's a charisma. some have it, and some don't. bad teeth kill it for me though, every time.

12:53 AM  
Blogger liraelwiddershins said...

Ewwww, yeah, I agree on the bad teeth thing in general. I don't think Bush deserves a 2, but he definitely wouldn't be high on my list either. Actually, he wouldn't be anywhere near my list so far as looks go. But a 2...that's the kind of number I'd normally reserve for people with no teeth.

1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kimberly, you seem to be in agreement and at odds with yourself...

5:22 PM  
Blogger Joseph K said...

Kimberly (#1), under your criteria, I'd probably rate a 1 with good teeth. But, that's ok so long as the women with low self-esteem willing to overlook all that are still plentiful.

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, to find someone sexy means you want to have sex with the person.

Sexy is NOT something that a human being is because they breathe. As a woman I should let you in on something: there is no direct link between the finding someone physically attractive and wanting to have sex with them. Obviously we want to have sex with someone we find attractive (hookers and hos exempted).

FYI - similar to hookers and hos some people find skills and other attributes "sexy". For example some find power sexy. This interest really is not in the person, but in the attributes that the person has.

With regards to George Bush 1 & 2 the answer is no. Absolutely no minor itch/tingle has been created in my erogenous zone by either. They are not sexy.

BTW Joseph K, your comments on Togo are outrageous in the extreme! Les Togolaises sont formidable!

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home