Friday, March 11, 2005

Blogger Can Bite Me

I have a circuit of a few blogs that I navigate through a few times a day, several of which are on Blogger. For the last two days, I've been unable to post comments on any of the Blogger sites; I am told "Blog Not Found" when I try.

Being the idiot I am, my first instinct was to post a comment on the blogs in question and say, "Hey, I can't post comments!" Then I took my medication.

But seriously, in the blog world, we build up little communities in which there are three modes of communication: (1) Posting blog entries; (2) posting comments on blog entries; and (3) e-mail. E-mail is the heavy artillery. You fire one of those off when it's, literally, personal. But you don't get to hope that some third party will read your words and say, "My God, you're brilliant." (Isn't that the secret, or not so secret, hope of every blogger?)

Posting comments is the preferred mode of day-to-day communication. It's somewhat personal, directed at a single person and all. But you can still try to impress others, and maybe even succeed.

But, dammit, I can't post comments. So I'm left with posting a whole frickin' entry in order to communicate a couple discrete points. Shout-out, therefore, to my main man Henry, whose poignant post today prompted this whole escapade. Shout-out also to my main Magazine Man, whose Chapter 2 of "Job #1: Boy Detective" has kept me on the edge of my seat today.

If you think anything I've said here is unbearably brilliant, feel free to say so. You may have to post a whole frickin' entry on your own frickin' blog to do so, though.

1 Comments:

Blogger Magazine Man said...

Just gave Henry some comment-sugar so now it's your turn.

My God, that post was unbearably brilliant!

Okay, I'm done.

Seriously, how big a pain has posting comments been? Damn. Seeing your entry here made my day, though. Many big sloppy thanks. Glad someone is enjoying my boys-own adventure, cause you'd never know with the comments line open...

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home